How do you wear a body?
Is a body seen as lingerie or is it actually outerwear? What looks can you create with a body? Should you wear briefs under a body or not? Bodies are probably the most versatile lingerie items — you can wear them with virtually anything.
What is a body?
A lingerie body gives support and a pleasant feel around your stomach and waist. Some bodies – such as the Marie Jo Tom and Jane bodies – also have an integrated underwire or shaping that supports your breasts and makes your cleavage look beautiful. Lingerie bodies often have no sleeves, but elegant straps, but there are bodies with long sleeves, such as Marie Jo Seoul. You can also wear a body to create a strong statement to your look.
What is the advantage of wearing a body?
- A body supports your bust, back, and stomach muscles — therefore it feels really comfortable.
- You create a streamlined silhouette without any visible lines on your back. If you wear a body as a top, you don’t have to worry about it riding up, as you do with T-shirts or other outerwear.
- A body is also very versatile and therefore you can combine them with anything: wear it as a piece of lingerie or as outerwear – casual or classy.
How do you wear a body?
With or without briefs?
If you want to wear a body to create a smooth look without any visible lines, then don’t wear briefs. If you want to wear a body for several days without the need to wash it, then we advise you to wear smooth briefs.
With or without a bra?
Those of us brave enough may choose not to wear a bra under a body with no integrated cups, but it’s not a problem if you don’t feel comfortable doing that. Wearing a fashionable bra can even be a sexy addition to your body: for example if it’s slightly sheer like the Marie Jo Channing. A body is also beautiful in combination with a padded black bra such as Marie Jo Tom or Louie.
What looks can you create with a body?
- You can wear a body as a sexy lingerie set for example underneath tightfitting clothes. Marie Jo Jane and Tom are fantastic for that because of their stylish straps and smooth, seamless finish. A body such as the Marie Jo Richard is perfect under an oversized sweater with an open back and a sexy cleavage. Your body is covered, but you are still have that bit of lace on show.
- You can also wear a body a part of your total look. High-waisted jeans, the body Marie Jo Channing, with a blazer or trendy jacket is not only a perfect combination for work but also for a fun night out.