You are here
“20 years of Avero – Design your own Avero” competition rules
Article 1 General
- “20 years of Avero – Design your own Avero” (hereinafter the ‘Competition’) is a competition for which no purchase is necessary and that is subject to these conditions of participation and to Belgian law. It is organised by Van de Velde nv (hereinafter the ‘Organiser’), which has its registered office at Lageweg 4, 9260 Schellebelle, Belgium.
- The Competition commences on 21 March 2016 and ends at 23:59 on 8 may 2016.
- Entry is open to every person aged at least 18 years of age, with the exception of the Organiser, its employees and subsidiaries, its customers or employees of these customers and any other person who has worked on the development of the Competition.
- Also excluded from the competition are blood relatives and in-laws in the first remove of persons referred to in the previous paragraph and persons living under the same roof as persons referred to in the previous paragraph.
- Entry is personal and non-transferable. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
Article 2: Personal details
- To be able to enter the Competition you must provide certain personal details (including name, address and email address).
- You guarantee that all details provided by you are correct, complete and up-to-date.
- Use of the personal details you provide to us will comply with our privacy statement and will only be used for the purposes of this Competition unless you permit them to be used for other purposes.
- Neither the Organisers nor any other intermediary can be held liable if these details are wrong.
Article 3: Transfer of copyright
1. Entering your personal design as part of this Competition entails the definitive, integral and unconditional transfer of the entrant’s copyright (right to reproduce) with regard to the entry. The transfer of copyright entails the full transfer of title and gives the Organiser the exclusive right to copy, reproduce and use the entry (in any form, in any way and on any medium) with a view to promote and sell the products of Van de Velde NV. The transfer applies worldwide for the full duration of the copyright protection.
2. If a design is used for promotional and other marketing purposes, this will be done anonymously, using only the first name and the initial letter of the family name, such as Anne K.
3. The Organiser may make any changes and improvements to the entry deemed necessary, itself or through a third party, and may also integrate, itself or through a third party, the entry into other designs or works.
4. The agreed transfer must be understood in the widest sense permitted by law and by this agreement and entails all methods and forms of use.
5. As the Organiser is the owner of the copyright on the entry pursuant to the transfer it will be entitled to grant licences on this entry or surrender this right, in whole or in part, to third parties, such as customers and the press.
Article 4: How and when to enter
1. The Competition commences on 21 March 2016 and ends at 23:59 on 8 May 2016.
2. The Competition is accessible at www.mariejo.com as well as Marie Jo’s Facebook page (through the Facebook app).
3. Entrants who are invited to enter the Competition by a Marie Jo point of sale by means of a flyer or an email must first make it known which point of sale they received an invitation from.
4. The entrant may enter the Competition by personalising two Avero limited editions, that is Rainbow and Orchid, in the online module.
5. The entry is only valid if all required personal details are correctly filled in and the personalised Avero bras have been submitted.
Article 5: Winners
- Twenty winners will be selected from the entries by a panel of professional judges. If the winning design is entered by more than one person the first of these entries to be submitted will win. Each winner is entitled to the prize described in Article 6.
- The winning entrants will be notified by email, no later than the last day of the month following the month in which they entered the competition.
- The winners must claim their prize within 48 days of being notified or they will not receive the prize.
- If the winner has not received a prize through no fault of the Organiser, the winner will no longer be entitled to the prize, which will continue to be the property of the Organiser.
Article 6: Prizes
- The prize for each winner is a bra based on that winner’s design. There may be differences between the entered design and the bra the winner receives.
- It may take two months for the winner to receive the prize, counting from the day the email referred to in Article 5.2 is sent.
- All prizes are personal and non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Any prize that is rejected or not issued for any other reason remains the property of the Organiser.
Article 7: Most frequently mentioned points of sale
1. The Marie Jo points of sale in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland that, pursuant to Article 4.3, are mentioned by the largest number of Competition entrants will be given the use, for two days, subject to the options given by the Organiser, of a crew with professional material to stitch in initials in Avero bras that are sold in those points of sale.
2. The Marie Jo points of sale in the countries listed in Article 7.1 that are ranked second through sixth in the list of points of sale with most Competition entrants on 11 April 2016 will receive a large event package.
3. The Marie Jo points of sale in the countries listed in Article 7.1 that are ranked seventh through sixteenth in the list of points of sale with most Competition entrants on 11 April 2016, as well as the ten Marie Jo points of sale in France, Denmark and the United Kingdom with most Competition entrants will receive a medium event package.
4. If the number of participants that has chosen the same point of sale is less than 20 (see article 7.1 and 7.2) or less than 10 (see article 7.3), the organizer can decide that the price mentioned above is no longer valid.
Article 8: Design of the week
1. Every week during the term of the Competition an entered design will be shown in Marie Jo’s social media channels. These weeks are as follows: 21 March 2016 up to an including 27 March 2016; 28 March 1216 up to an including 3 April 2016; 4 April 2016 up to an including 10 April 2016; 11 April 2016 up to an including 17 April 2016; 18 April 2016 up to an including 24 April 2016; and 25 April 2016 up to an including 30 April 2016.
2. These designs will be selected by a panel of professional judges.
3. The entrant who has entered the design shown in this way is not a winner within the meaning of Article 5 and will not receive a prize as stated in Article 6.
Article 9: Liability and indemnity
- Neither the Organiser nor any other intermediary can be held liable if any conditions of this competition have to be changed due to a case of force majeure.
- By entering this competition the entrant accepts these conditions of participation without reservation.
Article 10: Rights of the Organiser
- The Organiser reserves the right to bar the entrant from the Competition at any time, without prior notice and without providing a reason, if the entrant acts contrary to these conditions or any legally applicable stipulation in any way. The Organiser cannot be held liable for baring the entrant from the Competition in such a case. This also applies if the Organiser feels that an inappropriate set of initials have been used in the personalisation.
- The Organiser also reserves the right to end or interrupt the Competition or to change the prizes as it sees fit and without prior notice if circumstances demand it. The Organiser cannot be held liable in such a case.
- The Organiser cannot be held liable for any technical problem that might affect the aforementioned websites or computer programming.
- The Organiser cannot be held liable for transport problems or other forms of force majeure relating to the prizes.
Article 11: Contact
- No dispute can be accepted on the determination of the winners, the course of the Competition or any other procedure connected with this Competition.
- Entrants who wish to receive a copy of these conditions of participation should send their request, enclosing a self-addressed envelope to: “20 years of Avero – Design your own Avero”, Van de Velde NV Marketing Department, Lageweg 4, 9260 Schellebelle, Belgium.